Music, Inspiration, Baking Escapes

Monday, March 16, 2015

What's Important?

     My family values work. Lots of hard work. The ability to put your mind to whatever is at hand, focus, and complete the job. This is a good thing, something which I take for granted, unfortunately. There is much to be said about hard work. Life is not about only doing the things you want. 

    But I wonder, what have we lost in valuing that principle? Too often I find myself impatient. I feel like, unless something was accomplished in a certain time frame, that slot of time was completely wasted. But was it really? What if we accomplish things in solitude or quiet that we would not have otherwise done had we been doing something else. What if, today, God had wanted you to put down your task list and listen to him? What if He had things to tell you in that time? You say, "Well, I can pray as I work." Sure, you can, I do all the time. 

   But let me ask you this: How honored do you feel when you walk into your friend's house, and he/she drops whatever she's doing to have a chat with you or make you some coffee? Or how do you feel when you go to an old friend for advice, but  they're too busy to really listen to your problem? You leave feeling confused and in want. 

   Do you think God ever feels that way? "My, that Danae, she loves me, but she does a poor job of showing it. She only wants to be with Me when she needs Me. Sometimes I wish she would know that I need her. I need to know that I am important to her, important enough to drop whatever she is doing to 'have coffee' with Me."

   Today I did that.  

   I realize that this is probably not the first time you have read a blog or article with this point. And you may be thinking that I am the type that just sits and meditates and drinks lattes and never does any "real" work. You may think that, but I hope God moves you to the place you need to be in your relationship.  

   Thank you to those of you who have "dropped" those things you were doing in order to listen to me. It meant the world to me.  




1 comment:

  1. Good words Danae! I agree with you 200%!!! :)
    Life is so much better when I give more of my time to just spending it relaxed in the presence of my Lord.
    Luv and miss you friend!!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete